Late night at work
U10 December 21 – 25th
We had another productive weekend, working on stance, balance and turn shape. The upper mountain has been firm so it is very important for the athletes to have sharp skis! The local shops have seasonal sharpening at reasonable pricing, if you are not comfortable tuning their skis. If your U10 does not have sharp skis they lose confidence and inhibits their ability to progress. Feel free to ask our coaching staff if you have any questions regarding tuning. A typical racer sharpens their skis after 3-4 uses.
Friday Dec. 21- GS Training . Please remember that you must RSVP through the RSVP form<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_forms_d_e_1FAIpQLScTkRSz9CY5f5Yqm-2DdU-5FkuuV7SHAzt5wAzVAlcDOHGca2Y3-2DA_viewform&d=DwMFaQ&c=d-cmF97CsPp2DCyLDwktLIEbZ0S3HElGOrguwqovoIE&r=Rk97VIoJdkcabTKufasVpd2xUF_-0HDw7IrQl770OPQ&m=nzEfWT5cWbD0NyzSFhf4ira885ffPYMp1hjYAiWkBB4&s=UuxAZEVjc4Guf657NIsZfTbJoSVoggkpTxx8pXty7XI&e=> before Thursday morning.
Saturday Dec. 22- Will continue to work on skills and turn shape with brush gates
Sunday Dec. 23- More training and fun
Dec. 24- Training may be combined with other age groups due to coaching availability
Dec. 25- Merry Christmas everyone! No training, but if you are in the neighborhood feel free to get a few runs in with the family !!
Dec. 26 – First day of the Holiday Camp. Lots of training and fun@
Dec. 28th- SWSC Skating/Pizza party!! Riley Rink in Manchester 5:30pm-7:30pm
Holiday Camp 12/26/18 – 12/31/18.
Jan 1st – Happy New Year! No training. Enjoy the day with your family and 10 points if you get a few ski runs in.
A Few Notes:
• Please ensure that your athlete is dressed warmly and have hand warmers, (if necessary). Dressing in layers is the best way to keep the athletes warm. Also, if we the forecast is for “clear snow” (rain), please dress appropriately. It is usually warm; however, having rain gear is very helpful.
• In order for your son/ daughter to participate in the Southern Vermont Council (SVC) events, they must have:
1. a USSS membership (Link: www.usskiandsnowboard.org)
2. a VARA Membership (Link: www.vara.org)
• It takes at least a week to process a USSA membership, so please do not wait until the day before a race to register. Our first Southern Vermont Council (SVC) competition is at Mount Snow on Sunday, January 6th.
See you at the mountain,